Moses Tembe: I did not interfere in AKA and Nelli’s life.

Moses Tembe: I did not interfere in AKA and Nelli’s life.

1 135


Anele “Nelli” Tembe’s father, Moses Tembe, says last month was the foremost difficult time of his life after the death of his daughter, who allegedly jumped to her death off a Cape Town hotel’s 10th floor.

Moses Tembe was commenting yesterday after his daughter’s fiancé AKA, whose real name is Kiernan Jarryd Forbes, broke his silence during a statement issued at the weekend during which he denied being investigated by the police in reference to her death.

Tembe said he had decided to not become involved within the ongoing “investigations and legal issues”, but was aware there had been many “issues between my daughter and this guy”.

“As a father, who is additionally a traditionalist, i might refrain from getting involved in issues involving a girlfriend and a boyfriend, people that weren’t yet married,” he said, in regard to Zulu culture.

“You know, I cannot get myself involved people that are still dating. But i do know there have been many issues between them, but most of these my daughter would rather share together with her sisters,” Tembe said, adding that he was still reeling from the untimely loss.

AKA’s statement, which he shared on social media, comes after reports by an area publication that shared images where AKA reportedly broke down a wooden door to enter an area that Nelli was in.

According to the report, the incident allegedly happened on March 13 in their apartment in Bryanston, Joburg.

In his statement, AKA said there have been people that he trusted with their relationship issues that were now using them as weapons against him.

He said that he wouldn’t stand watching people attempting to disparage his name and his fiancée’s character to suit a narrative report they never signed up for.

AKA said their relationship challenges were worsened by the pressure of being within the limelight , which they too played up to.

He said he was fully conscious of who the “sources” engaging with the media were and what their intentions were.

“Their intention is to influence the SAPS inquest … the investigation officer has stated … numerous times that I even have not been named a suspect.”

Provincial police spokesperson Colonel André Traut said: “The circumstances surrounding the inquest are still under investigation and at this stage there are not any new developments.”

-THE MERCURY