broken her silence! Sonia Mbele is battling to come to terms with her on-screen husband Menzi Ngubane’s death

broken her silence! Sonia Mbele is battling to come to terms with her on-screen husband Menzi Ngubane’s death

Award-winning actress and executive producer Sonia Mbele has finally broken her silence on the passing of his on-screen lover, veteran actor Menzi Ngubane. The former “Generations” actor died from stroke-related complications on Saturday. Ngubane was 56 years. “It is with the good loss that the Ngubane family announces the passing of its son, acclaimed actor Menzi Ngubane, who gave up the ghost earlier today,” read the family statement. Shortly after the devastating news of Ngubane’s passing broke, fans and industry friends took social media to pay their tribute to the veteran actor. Mbele who played the role of Ntombi, Sibusiso “Ngamla” Dlomo’s wife on the favored soapie “Generations” paid a moving tribute to Ngubane. Taking to Twitter on Sunday, the seasoned actress revealed that shewa s battling to return to terms with Ngubane’s untimely death. “I’ve been quiet because I’ve been processing. I’m still battling!” Reflecting on their on-screen romance that kept “Generations” fans glued to their screen for years, Mbele added: “Ours was a romance crafted in television land, and you’ll forever remain Ntombi’s soulmate. #somahashi #ngubane.” Fans also took to Twitter as they remember Mzansi favourite TV couple. Below are a number of the fans’ reactions: Mbele played the role of Ntombi on the previous Generations, from 2003 till 2011. During an interview with Phat Joe, on Cheeky Palate, the Blessers actress said one among the explanations she had to quit the show was because her relationship with Sibusiso Dlomo was too uncomfortable for her ex-husband Leslie Sedibe. Ngubane’s acting career spans quite three decades and his big break within the industry came with a breakthrough role as Cijimpi on Kwakhala Nyonini. His last prominent role was Judas Ngwenya in lsibaya in 2020. Shortly after his exit from Isibaya, the star was set to hitch The Queen but it had been later announced that, thanks to unhealthiness, he would not be a part of the Mzansi Magic’s hit show. The Ngubane family had requested that the star take longer to specialise in his health and recovery. “We were very excited once we announced that Menzi are going to be joining The Queen family, as he brings with him a wealth of experience. we’ll continue keeping them in our prayers and supporting them on this journey, and need Menzi strength to continue fighting the great fight, and are available back stronger than ever,” said The Queen executive producer Connie Ferguson. “We can’t await him to form his return soon to entertain our viewers together with his charismatic acting skills and screen presence,” added co-executive producer Shona Ferguson.

While the funeral details are yet to be finalised, the family have asked for privacy. “As a family, we wish to thank everyone for his or her continued and sustained support and therefore the prayers for our beloved son whose battle with renal failure and sugar diabetes had become an secret over the years. “We wish to mourn the passing of our beloved son privately and can communicate the funeral and other arrangements in due course,“ said the family’s spokesperson.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More