Nokuthula Mavuso wrote a hearty message on Twitter sharing her struggle

0

Nokuthula Mavuso wrote a hearty message on Twitter sharing her struggle


Actress Nokuthula Mavuso has written an in depth Twitter thread to the minister of sports, arts and culture and to the SA presidency, detailing her struggle as a contract actress The star said that as a contract actress, who last worked in April 2019 before the birth of her child, she was during a particularly hard financial position.

“Dear, @NathiMthethwaSA @PresidencyZA, My name is Nokuthula Mavuso and I’m a contract actor who hasn’t worked since the birth of my child in April 2019. i used to be thanks to work on a series that was meant to shoot on March 26 2020. The project cannot resume until ports of entry are reopened.”

Nokuthula explained that her upcoming gig was therefore postponed thanks to the worldwide pandemic and therefore the lockdown imposed in Mzansi to curb the spread of Covid-19. She said that postponement meant she hoped that the govt would come through for her as promised with aid during this point .

The actress said she had hoped the announced R150m relief fund allocated to assist performers and artists during the lockdown would help her, but even after submitting all necessary documentation, she had been met with nothing but rebuff .

“I was hopeful that the fund would cushion the #LockdownSA #COVID19SA blow. I sent through all required docs by your dept, I’m yet to receive an acknowledgement of receipt from your dept. It pains me that actors like myself are ignored or rejected without plausible explanation,” she said. Actresses Renate Stuurman, Rami Chuene and Florence Masebe has asked similar questions of the department in recent days.