The Two Female Suspects Allegedly Threatened Lesedi With A Knife

0

The Two Female Suspects Allegedly Threatened Lesedi With A Knife

Mamelodi Sundowns star Lesedi Kapinga has reportedly opened a case against two women who allegedly assaulted him in Midrand earlier this week.
daneloo1 52

It is reported that the two suspects who were later arrested also threatened the soccer star with a knife. According to Sunday World, police were called after a heated argument broke between Lesedi and these two unnamed women.

A source told the publication, “The police arrived to calm the situation, and the cops asked to see the knife that was supposed to have been used to stab Lesedi. One of the ladies produced the knife and handed it to the police,”

Meanwhile, earlier this year the police confirmed that soccer star Jabu Mahlangu was charged with negligent and reckless driving and fleeing the scene of an accident.

The former Kaizer Chiefs and Orlando Pirates star had been involved in a car accident with his BMW4 series and reportedly collided with a Toyota Hiace Quantum that was full of passengers.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Lesedi Kapinga (@galuuu22)


The EMPD spokesperson Lt-Col Kelebogile Thepa told TimesLive that Mahlangu had fled the scene. She revealed that when the EMPD and emergency services personnel arrived at the scene Mahlangu was not there.

She added, “It has further been established that he was not even part of all those injured and who needed to be transferred to hospital. So an inference can then be drawn that, in the absence of any of the following, he would have fled the scene, and then that is a criminal offence,

“A case docket has been registered with the Benoni SA Police Service (SAPS). As of now, we do confirm that there are two charges brought against him, one being the reckless and negligent driving and the other being fleeing the scene of the accident.”

But Mahlangu’s lawyers had told City Press that he was admitted together with other passengers who were rushed to the hospital after the accident, “We have not seen him yet. The only thing we got from his brother was the confirmation that there was an accident in the early hours of the morning.

“It looks like there was more than one vehicle involved. They suspect that the occupants of the other vehicle might be injured too. Jabu is in the same hospital [with some of them].”

It was also reported that the former soccer star could be facing a maximum sentence of nine years’ imprisonment or a fine of R180,000.

You might also like

Leave a Reply