Entertainment

Former ‘Sizok’thola’ host Xolani Khumalo accused of shooting Tembisa man.

Advertisement

Former ‘Sizok’thola’ host Xolani Khumalo accused of shooting Tembisa man.

A man from Tembisa in Gauteng accused former ‘Sizok’thola’ presenter, Xolani Khumalo, of shooting him in the arm.

unnamed 2 1

Advertisement

Former Sizok’thola presenter Xolani Khumalo’s woes seem to be piling up.

Besides being in and out of court on murder charges relating to an incident whole shooting the Moja Love anti-drug show, Khumalo reportedly also had attempted murder charges levelled against last year – Sunday World reports.

Advertisement

FORMER ‘SIZOK’THOLA’ HOST XOLANI KHUMALO ACCUSED OF ATTEMPTED MURDER

According to the publication, Xolani Shabangu (a man from from Tembisa, Gauteng) alleged that Khumalo followed him to his home and shot him in the arm on 31,December last year. This allegedly happened after the TV personality showering his vehicle with a hail of bullets.

After the incident, Shabangu was reportedly admitted to a local hospital where he received treatment and was later discharged.

Shabangu reportedly withdrew the matter after reaching an out-of-court settlement agreement with Khumalo.

COURT CASE AGAINST THE ANTI-DRUG ACTIVIST

Khumalo was fired as the Sizok’thola host last year. Moja Love recently revealed that he will be replaced by Xolani Maphanga, who hosts X-Repo on the channel.

97acd139772d459385105da369372cea

His dismissal relates to the death of a drug dealer named Robert “Kicks” Varrie who had been the subject of a drug bust at his Katlehong home on 19 July, which was attended by the Sizok’thola crew.

In September Khumalo handed himself over to the Katlehong North Police Station where he was charged with murder and later granted R20 000 bail.

During court proceedings in November, State prosecutor Pheello Vilakazi told the court that Khumalo faces additional charges of robbery with aggravating circumstances and malicious property damage.

On 22 February this year, Khumalo’s trial was delayed after Moja Love did not provide video evidence to the Palm Ridge magistrates court after a formal request through section 205 of the Criminal Procedure Act, which allows investigators access to information – TshisaLIVE reports.

During proceedings, state prosecutor Pheello Vilakazi said: “A formal request has been lodged with Moja Love by the state for the purposes of obtaining video footage of the day of the incident.

“However, Moja Love has prolonged the providing of the [footage of the] incident, to the extent that today they said they will come to provide the footage. Subsequent to that they said they are not going to come, but they will provide the footage to the investigating officer.”

The matter was postponed for further investigation and will be back in court of 11 April.

Advertisement

Related Articles

Back to top button